How Do I Maintain My Health Mate?
Health Mate® infrared saunas require very little cleaning, and there are no regular maintenance tasks or parts to replace. Infrared saunas provide dry heat; the only moisture produced is from your own perspiration. The enclosed cabins keep out dust and dirt. Treat the exterior like any piece of fine furniture.
• Use towels on the bench and underneath your feet.
• If you notice excess moisture after a session, you can wipe off any excess perspiration or crack the door or roof vent and keep the sauna running for a few minutes.
• If needed, you can wipe your sauna down occasionally. Use a moist towel – don’t spray directly onto the heater panels. A few drops of a high quality essential oil in water (examples are Tea Tree, Eucalyptus, Arborvitae, Lavender, Lemon – your choice); a solution of 1T baking soda in a gallon of water.
• For locations with high use such as clinics and spas, we offer waterproof bench pads.
• Use your vacuum hand attachment if you want to clean dust or debris from your sauna.
• Perspiration stains don’t affect your sauna’s performance. If you eventually get perspiration stains that you would like to remove it’s easily done by lightly sanding.